We recorded this two weeks ago, with the idea being to get it out fast on account that it was time-sensitive. That obviously did not happen. Here it is regardless: Bandai Entertainment is ceasing all new releases. We’re joined by professional anime translator Neil Nadelman (who’s done many Bandai translations) and professional Patrick Warburton impersonator (also, Anime News Network columnist) Mike Toole to discuss what led up to this and what lies ahead.
After this recording, Mike created this drunken, Plinkett-esque tribute to Bandai Entertainment:
Darkside Blues sighting at 1:40 mark! No doubt acquired during Right Stuf’s holiday sale along with Golgo 13. Hmm, we never reviewed Darkside Blues…
- Redline is out in the US. If you buy Redline via this link, we’ll get like eighty cents or something. I think. If you didn’t already buy it.
- Forbes article: Why Best Buy Is Going out of Business…Gradually (note that Forbes doesn’t always keep articles online indefinitely)
- We took so long to release this, Mike wrote a column covering somewhat similar ground. Except different. Read that and listen to this too.
- Our interview with Marc Handler, who worked on the 2003 Astro Boy localization. Also, our review of Demon City Shinjuku. IT’S RELEVANT OKAY
- What’s in the new issue of Otaku USA, and Daryl’s review of Golgo 13: Queen Bee.
- Daryl and Gerald were on the Greatest Movie EVER! podcast to talk about Tango & Cash.
- Daryl was also on OGAP (Oh Great Another Podcast) to talk about videogames: best of 2011, Bulletstorm, and Saints Row: The Third. Spoilers abound, including possibly one for Arkham City if they didn’t edit that out.
- If you missed Clarissa on this recording, she was a guest on The Speakeasy to talk about Revolutionary Girl Utena in their first segment.
Here is an animated GIF Daryl made of Golgo 13. Who cares not if you “deal with it.”